Submission of Manuscripts
Please submit your manuscript viahttps://www.editorialmanager.com/biomater_transl/. First time users will have to register at this site. Registration is free but mandatory. Registered authors can keep track of their articles after logging into the site using their user name and password. Please note that your manuscript must be submitted as a text document (ie. Word). Manuscripts submitted as a PDF will be returned to authors, causing significant delays in the review process. Authors submitting manuscripts by email also can be accepted. If you experience any problems, please contact the editorial office by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following information should be included and noticed when submitting an article to the journal: 1. Suggested and Excluded Reviewers: Please identify 4-6 reviewers who are well qualified to referee the work and do not have a conflict of interest. Manuscripts will be kept confidential by reviewers. Also feel free to identify any reviewer or handling editor to be excluded for sound reasons. The recommended reviewers may or may not be sent for the review of the submitted manuscript.
2. What to expect after submission: The manuscript will be evaluated by the editorial staff and assigned editor on the basis of their merit. Please note that the manuscript will be returned to you if it is does not conform to the journal's guidelines with 7 working days. All articles are subjected to a double-blinded peer-review process. The time between receipt of a submitted manuscript and the initial decision regarding its publication averages between 4and6weeks. The corresponding author is informed of the publication date of an accepted manuscript approximately 6 weeks before publication.
3. Similarity Check: All submitted manuscript will be screened twice using Crosscheck to verify originality, after submission and prior to publication. The manuscript would be screened more times if it does not pass the prior two screening procedures. The screening results will be provided to the authors, the dishonorable papers will be rejected by the journal.
4. Conditions for submission: Articles are accepted for exclusive publication in Biomaterials Translational. Previous presentation at a scientific meeting, and/or publication of the abstract in conjunction with the meeting, posted to preprint servers, does not preclude publication of the article; however, this information must be disclosed in a cover letter at the time of submission. Previously published articles, including those published in non-English-language journals, are not accepted. For dishonorable events including redundant/duplicate publication, suspected plagiarism, and undisclosed conflicts of interest, BT will abide by the regulations suggested by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) guidelines.
5. What to expect after acceptance: It will usually take 3 months from acceptance to publication, the authors are requested to keep in touch with the editorial office for revising and proofing process.
6. Authorship Issue: Everyone listed as an author should meet our criteria for authorship. No first authors or corresponding authors are allowed to be changed after submission. Following the COPE guidelines for changes in authorship, changing the author list after submission requires agreement from all authors. This includes additions, deletions, and changes in ordering. Requests must come from the corresponding author along with an explanation for the change. If the change is deemed to be appropriate, the corresponding author must receive and provide to Biomaterials Translational the consent to the change from all the authors, including any being added, deleted, or reordered. Authorship issues identified after publication may result in a correction. In the case of an authorship dispute, the journal will not arbitrate. If the authors are unable to resolve the dispute themselves, we will raise the issue with the authors' institution(s) and abide by its guidelines.
7. Source of funding: All authors are required to declare the support they received to carry out their research during the initial submission. The journal does not accept the remove of funding source during the revising process without an appropriate explanation. Please notice that this conduct may trigger a manuscript rejection.
The submitted manuscripts that are not as per the “Instructions to Authors” would be returned to the authors for technical correction, before they undergo editorial/ peer-review. Generally, the manuscript should be submitted in the form of two separate files:
 Title Page/First Page File/covering letter:
This file should provide Title: Running Title: Author names and affiliation: Authors Contribution: Funding: Acknowledgements: Conflict of Interest:
 Blinded Article file: The main text of the article, beginning from Abstract till References (including tables) should be in this file. The file must not contain any mention of the authors' names or initials or the institution at which the study was done or acknowledgements. Page headers/running title can include the title but not the authors' names. Manuscripts not in compliance with the Journal's blinding policy will be returned to the corresponding author. Use rtf/doc files. Do not zip the files. Limit the file size to 50 MB. Do not incorporate images in the file. If file size is large, graphs can be submitted as images separately without incorporating them in the article file to reduce the size of the file. The pages should be numbered consecutively, beginning with the first page of the blinded article file.
 Images: Submit high quality color images. Each image should be less than 50 MB in size. Size of the image can be reduced by decreasing the actual height and width of the images (keep up to 1600 x 1200 pixels or 5-6 inches). Images can be submitted as jpeg files. Do not zip the files. Legends for the figures/images should be included at the end of the article file.
 The contributors' copyright transfer form (template provided below) has to be submitted in original with the signatures of all the contributors within two weeks of submission via courier, fax or email as a scanned image. Print ready hard copies of the images (one set) or digital images should be sent to the journal office at the time of submitting revised manuscript. High resolution images (up to 5 MB each) can be sent by email.